Modern Passionate in Red

A young couple wanted their bland room in a laid-back townhouse spiced up. They wanted a wall in red, a closet that can organize their clothes, a comfortable area for watching TV, a place to read, a place to work on the laptop, a small vanity and lots of storage but still, it has to feel spacious, warm and relaxing.


Thinking about all those requirements, I thought maybe they need a feel of a comfortable business hotel with a more homey feel. And so I showed them this:


A study nook on the left, vanity area on the right, a comfy bed in the middle with a bench storage at the foot of the bed. In front of it is a TV area with a comfy sofa, a nice red reading chair and a coffee table storage to store those picture albums and what-not.

With a little tweaks and some minor adjustments, this is what we came up in the actual:


Asking me about the closet? Well, this is what I originally showed them:


A TV area, a long wall-to-wall closet and some nice shelvings to put a personal touch.

And this is how it looked like in the actual:



I am very pleased to tell you, my reader, that the couple is very happy with the outcome. Funny, one of their friends who they showed their room to said that it feels like a posh hotel room. (I think posh is a bit too much.. we'll save that for another project that wants something really posh. lol.) Too bad I wasn't able to take before pictures. But yeah, this is the room they love going home to at the end of every tiring day.






Comments

Popular Posts