Dee's Thoughts: Going Green

I am not sure of the reason why my friend was looking for a Sun Jar yesterday. Maybe it was inspired by the Earth Hour held yesterday or, maybe she just plainly want to be Green whilst being creative. But putting all that aside, she wasn't able to find a Sun Jar ready to be bought from a store. Both the stores she checked out ran out of stock and based on the prices those both stores offered, Sun Jars that can be bought online are just plain expensive.



Hmmm... Why a Sun Jar in the first place? Well, in my opinion, it definitely looks cool (given it's placed in a good location) and it doesn't use so much energy. In fact, it has small solar panels inside that collects solar energy by day which powers the LED inside which glows at night. And so, for places where only a glow is needed, this indeed is a nice choice. But how then can we make this happen if all the stores we can get it from ran out of stock? Well, dozens of how-to pages are online and I found one that has promising instructions -- my friend found the how-to pages too. If I get a chance to work on this project, I'll post a picture of it online. (given that we find time to make one and do follow the instructions well... hehe)

Meantime, I'll be working on a design project that features the 5Rs of design - Resotre, Respect, Reduce, Reuse and Recover. I'll be posting pictures when they're ready. :)

Comments

Popular Posts